remove.bg is the simplest way to remove backgrounds from images. Yet wrapping your head around the premium quality pricing was often everything but simple: What resolutions do I need, how many credits is each image, how many credits are that in total? Today, we're changing that!
From now on, removing the background from a high quality image requires 1 credit, no matter what size the image is (Medium, HD or 4K). Small images via the API are now ¼ credit each.
That means high quality images are up to 62.5% cheaper than before!
Changes in detail
We are implementing this by two independent changes:
1. Value-neutral credit deflation: We divide all credit charges and balances by three. That means, if you previously spent 3 credits for an image you now spend 1 credit for the same image – but if you previously received 750 credits per month, you now receive 250 credits. So there is no actual price change, only a division by 3 for both credit balances and credit prices.
2. Credit price reduction: We reduce the price of 4K images and HD images to 1 credit (that’s a minus of 40 – 62.5%), and we reduce the price of Small images to 0.25 credits (minus 25%).
Overview of both changes:
Example of what you can do with 750 (now 250) credits:
There are also a few more changes to wrap things up:
- Existing plans have been renamed and rounded. For instance, the „Personal 125“ plan is now called „Personal 42“ to reflect the value-neutral change in credits.
- We have introduced new plans and pay-as-you-go packages. As an existing customer, you can stay on your current plan if you like, or switch to the new plans – whichever you prefer.
- Referral program: When you refer friends to remove.bg both they and you get 1 extra credit each when they sign up.
We believe today’s update makes both picking a plan and tracking usage a lot easier – and cheaper. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch – we are more than happy to help!