Introducing Higher Resolutions Support
Sep 27, 2019
Remove.bg now removes backgrounds 100% automatically even for higher resolution images with up to 25 Megapixels (e.g. 6250×4000). It makes remove.bg ideal for even the most demanding quality requirements and perfect for professionals.
The image resolution you need (the amount of pixels) depends on the task at hand:
- Small photos used for profile pictures, custom emojis or instant messenger stickers are commonly less than 0.25 megapixels (e.g. 625 x 400).
- If you are preparing social media, eCommerce or web design assets, you are often dealing with images of 1-2 megapixels (e.g. 1500 x 1000).
- Print products require more than that. How much more depends on their physical size. A letter-size print in high quality needs 8-9 megapixels (2550 x 3300).
With rapidly improving camera technology come even higher quality photos. While it’s often useful (or even necessary) to reduce the resolution at some point, professional photographers and editors aim to preserve maximum quality for as long as possible, allowing for the most flexible use of their assets in any context.
With today’s update you can now use remove.bg to remove the background from even higher resolution images of up to 25 Megapixels. That’s 6250 x 4000 pixels (or any other aspect ratio). Three cheers for high quality!
On your marks! Get Started!
High-resolution images of up to 25 Megapixels are available to all remove.bg premium users.
- Upload a high-resolution image on remove.bg
- Download the latest version of our Windows / Mac / Linux app (version 1.1.0)
- Use our API (see Documentation Notes for High-Res Images)
- The new version of our Photoshop Extension (version 1.1.0) which supports images above 10 megapixels will be available on Adobe Exchange within a a few days
We look forward to getting your feedback!